Day/Night Treatment (PHP) in Florida
Substance use disorders vary from person to person, and each person has different needs on the path to recovery. In treating substance use disorders, there is no “one-size-fits-all” approach.
We can match patients with the treatment they need most at Hanley Center and Headwaters, with several treatment options available. After residential treatment, our services include partial hospitalization (day/night treatment), intensive outpatient, and outpatient. As with other serious illnesses, patients tend to begin the recovery process at a high level of intensity (such as detox) and gradually move down to lower levels of flexibility as they progress.
Many individuals follow their inpatient or residential treatment with day/night treatment, commonly referred to as partial hospitalization or PHP. For others, it can be a starting place for the recovery process. Day/night treatment is a flexible alternative to inpatient rehabilitation that can provide a smooth transition to a less intensive, controlled environment. We provide our patients with clinically robust programming five days a week during our PHP Program.
Ideal candidates for PHP have:
- Have completed medical detoxification or are otherwise free from withdrawal symptoms
- Have a relatively stable living situation and have the support of their community
- Enough stability to participate in therapy
- Co-occurring substance use and mental health conditions
Counselors Dedicated to Your Care
We assign each patient a primary therapist who facilitates the entire medical, psychological, psychiatric, social, family, and spiritual assessment process during their stay in our PHP Programs. Our caring counselors work directly with patients throughout their treatment in both group and individual sessions. Intensive therapeutic and psychoeducational groups are offered to each patient to improve their chances of sustaining their recovery.
Services and modalities through our PHP Programs include:
- Co-occurring mental health conditions counseling
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Motivational Interviewing
- Individual and group therapies
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Continued medical care
- Medication management, when necessary
- Neurological Interventions
- Continuing care and discharge planning
Topics discussed in groups and individual therapy are heavily influenced by dialectical behavior therapy.
- Distress tolerance, emotional regulation, and interpersonal effectiveness
- Facing challenges in early recovery
- Family dynamics
- Mindfulness practice
- Healthy relationships
- Sleep hygiene protocol
- Setting and maintaining boundaries
- Relapse prevention/recovery protection
- 12-Step recovery principles
- Coping with stress, grief, and loss
The Goals of Treatment
Our various levels of care through our programs are designed to support long-term recovery. At Origins, our mission is to provide a clear path to a life of healing and restoration.
Hanley Center PHP Program
Headwaters PHP Program
Origins’ Florida PHP programs are certified as Level IV FARR Certified Residence(s) by the Florida Association of Recovery Residences.
FARR Code of Ethics