Mental Health Treatment Centers
Origins has over 35 years of experience treating people with mental health and co-occurring disorders. With the right help, you can heal and rediscover peace of mind.
Mental health concerns can affect every aspect of your life. At Origins, we understand that there is a stigma around mental illness, but like any illness, mental health concerns can improve with treatment. For this reason, we deliver premier care for dual-diagnosis disorders that occur alongside your addiction. We also offer a boutique residential mental health program if you have no substance use concerns. Our outpatient mental health treatment centers deliver exceptional intensive outpatient programming (IOP) and evidence-based counseling to address your depression, anxiety, bipolar disorder, and more.
Common mental health disorders we treat include:
- ADHD in Adults: Common symptoms of attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults include trouble concentrating, forgetfulness and disorganization, impulsivity, and difficulty with emotions. Many people with addiction also have adult ADHD.
- Mood Disorders: Clinical depression is debilitating to everyday life function, and, along with anxiety, it is the primary co-occurring diagnosis cited by people with addiction. Other mood disorders include bipolar disorder, dysthymia, and substance-induced mood disorders.
- Anxiety and Panic Disorders: Anxiety includes a large spectrum of emotional experiences, from stressful reactions to everyday situations to extreme anxiety, such as post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), which requires specialized care and is frequently cited by people with substance use disorders.
- Trauma and PTSD: Both men and women can have PTSD precipitated by traumatic experiences. Many women in treatment have been victims of some form of verbal, physical, or sexual abuse. Disassociation from self and events, anger, depression, high anxiety, and insomnia are some symptoms of PTSD.
- Complex Post-traumatic Stress Disorder (CPTSD): When men or women experience prolonged or ongoing exposure to stress or traumatic events, they can develop CPTSD. People with this condition always feel anxious and might experience flashbacks, memory lapses, sleep disturbances, and other symptoms.
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorders: Obsessive-compulsive disorders (OCD) are common, chronic disorders in which a person has uncontrollable, reoccurring thoughts (obsessions) and behaviors (compulsions) that they feel the urge to repeat. These disorders can severely impact daily life and may result in self-medication with alcohol or other drugs.
- Process Addictions: Shopping, gambling, disordered eating, and sex process addictions often co-occur with a substance use disorder and may be cross-addicting behaviors that exacerbate one another.
- Personality Disorders: These include borderline personality disorders (BPD), histrionic, and narcissistic disorders; other examples are paranoid, schizoid, avoidant, and dependent personality disorders.
Addiction and Mental Health: Co-Occurring and Dual Diagnosis Disorders
If you have both an addiction and a mental health disorder, you are considered to have a co-occurring disorder or dual diagnosis. Origins’ mental health treatment centers understands that these disorders impact nearly every aspect of your mental, physical, and spiritual life.
According to the National Survey of Substance Abuse Treatment Services (N-SSATS), about 45% of Americans seeking addiction treatment have been diagnosed as having co-occurring mental and substance use disorders.
There is no one cause of your addiction, though living with a mental health disorder may increase the likelihood of developing a substance use disorder — and vice versa. Everyone is different. In some cases, a mental health disorder predates your development of drug or alcohol misuse. In other cases, mental health symptoms are not apparent until after your addiction has taken hold. Sometimes conditions are exacerbated or worsened by drug use.
Mental Health Is Complex – Integrated Treatment Is Key
Integrated treatment is comprehensive programming that offers all the therapeutic resources necessary to help you heal physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually.
Co-occurring disorders must be treated at the same time, in the same place, by the same treatment team. Our expertly trained professionals treat disorders through multi-disciplinary, medically intensive programming. Together, our treatment teams attend not only to your physical and mental needs but your psychological and spiritual needs. Every day, our highly trained staff — from medical professionals to licensed therapists and psychiatrists — meets to discuss your case and collaborate on solutions. This specialized, integrated treatment model has been shown to improve outcomes and quality of life.
A comprehensive treatment plan for people with mental health or co-occurring disorders should include the following:
- Evidence-based therapies
- Medical care(including medication, when appropriate)
- Psychiatric services and ongoing care
- Case management
- Spiritual care services
- Family educationand programming
- Life skills training
- 12-Stepor spiritual support
- Continuing careplanning
You deserve a treatment plan designed with your individual needs in mind. Origins provides carefully designed treatment plans that consider every aspect of your well-being: body, mind, and spirit.
Rigorous Behavioral Health Testing and Assessments
At both the residential and outpatient levels of care at all of our mental health treatment centers, we offer thorough behavioral health assessments to ensure that all mental health disorders, substance use disorders, and co-occurring disorders are diagnosed and treated. We also offer rigorous psychological testing through the Origins Center for Brain Recovery (CBR) in Florida.
We offer tests such as:
- Central Nervous System Vital Signs (CNS VS)
- Personality Inventory for DSM-5 – Brief Form (PID-5-BF)
- PsychEval Personality Questionnaire (PEPQ)
- Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory-2 (MMPI-2)
Along with clinical interviews and sessions with your primary therapist, our thorough assessment provides a backbone for a customized treatment plan that meets your unique needs.
Origins Center for Brain Recovery
Your co-occurring disorders can influence and exacerbate each other, which makes successful treatment more challenging. Our health psychology department, the Origins Center for Brain Recovery (CBR) in Florida, is an innovative program that addresses brain health with targeted, evidence-based therapies. CBR services are specifically designed to acknowledge the connection between addiction and mental health disorders and to provide treatment that addresses both concerns at once, offering you a better chance at long-lasting recovery.
Learn more about the Origins Center for Brain Recovery here.
Continuing Care for the Whole Family
Mental health disorders require lifelong support. Our team of continuing care specialists works alongside you and your family to develop discharge and continuing care plans that lead to long-term success.
Our recommendations may include the following:
- Ongoing therapy
- Intensive outpatientprogram attendance
- Scheduled appointments with psychiatrists and medical doctors
- Medication management
- Wellness recommendations
- Transitional living
- 12-Step programming and fellowship
- Origins’ alumni services
Our licensed therapists also work with your family members to develop continuing care plans that support family healing. Learn more about Origins’ Family Program here.
You Can Thrive, Regardless of Your Diagnosis
While there is no cure for any mental health disorder, including addiction, you, like many other individuals, can go on to lead an incredible life filled with hope and courage. Numerous research-based therapies and treatment interventions have been proven to be effective. The key is receiving personalized treatment that is intensive and integrated. Even if you are experiencing multiple disorders, you can find wellness when long-term support and therapeutic interventions are applied.
At Origins mental health treatment centers, we know that mental health and substance use disorders impact one another and must be treated together. Mental, physical, psychological, and spiritual wellness is central to your long-term recovery.
Contact Origins Behavioral HealthCare
Origins Behavioral HealthCare is dedicated to helping you discover how to manage your symptoms for a lifetime. We believe healing is possible, especially through an evidence-based understanding of mental health disorders and therapies that restore your mental, physical, and spiritual health. Origins provides you with precisely the type of proven, effective, cutting-edge care that enacts real, lasting change by helping you lead a healthier, more confident, and more purposeful life.
Today is the day you find wellness – start your journey to freedom and fulfillment by calling Origins Behavioral HealthCare at 561-841-1296.